This information focuses on business insurance. If you need help with making an insurance claim for personal insurance, you can get advice from:

  • National Debt Helpline: 1800 007 007. You can speak to a financial counsellor to get advice. If necessary, they can refer you for a face to face appointment with a financial counsellor near you. 

  • The National Debt Helpline website provides a step-by-step guide to the process.

  • Insurance Law Service:  1300 663 464 to speak to a lawyer if you need legal advice

If you have property that has been damaged or have experienced a loss of income due to the bushfires you may want to make an insurance claim on cover for your business. The information below is a simple step-by-step guide on what to do. 

Is your business still viable?

Can your business recover?

You may need to work out whether your business is still viable. You can do this by:

1800 413 828